Let's Talk Eating Disorders School Program
The Eating Disorder Foundation is available to give presentations to staff at any school in the province, free of charge. Statistics show that eating disorders are on the increase in our province. Children as young as nine have been hospitalized at the Janeway. Early detection and treatment can play a huge role in students getting the help they need. Early detection and treatment can save lives and save families. When a child has an Eating Disorder, the whole family needs help to survive this illness.
The presentation will cover:
* Causes and Types of Eating Disorders
* Why Schools Should be Concerned
* Warning Signs specific to a School Setting
* Classroom Discussion Guidelines
* Strategies to Support Students with an Eating Disorder
* Provincial Treatment Facilities and Support Services across the Province.
Presentations can be tailored to meet your time restrictions, from 30 minutes to one hour at a staff meeting or Professional Development Day via Zoom. Our presentations are not intended for students, staff only.
Please contact Cathy Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org for information